Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Framed with Periwinkle

Hello there, and thank you for visiting today.  I have just been catching up on blogs I follow and if you are interested in 'heritage' layouts especially weddings pop on over to Green Thistle House and see Kathryn's recent layouts - they are beautiful and she also uses lovely resin flowers.

As part of my design team work for 'Embellish It' I got to play with the Kaisercraft Periwinkle Collection and enjoyed putting together this heritage layout using the sheet of frames and sticker collection.
 I used some vintage lace from my stash, Martha Stewart punches, liquid pearls, assorted flowers, a Dusty Attic flourish corner and a 'Make it Crafty' decorative sign.


The photos are of my DH's grandparents.  The baby on the left photo is also the top girl.  and the bottom right photo is my DH's mother as a child. 

Today has been filled with a couple of hours at work, a bit of shopping with my sister - nice to have a browse down town when we are both on holiday and spend some birthday vouchers from a couple of months ago.  Then the exercise of the day was being introduced to Kinect and 'Dance Central' where I danced with my great nieces "FUN!" and a few laughs when Miss 3 told me to watch what the figure on TV was doing to see how to do it - (can't have been doing it right!!!). 

 Hopefully I will get back to the scrap room after I have done the work I have brought home.  Lots of ideas, sketches and photos on the table to work on.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Until next time. ...

4 comments:

Rachel F said...

lol about the dancing arn't they just so funny!

Trace said...

Beautiful work Dianne. Sad when the three year olds can work machines like Kinect way better than us LOL.

Francine said...

wow this is beautiful Diane

Francine said...

wow this is beautiful Diane