Friday, March 30, 2012

Punk Party for Dusty Attic

Another month is almost over and I am pleased it is Friday after another  busy week.  This week I have managed to create a layout for the Dusty Attic March Challenge.  I have used the Dusty Attic Floral Frame Set DA0576 for my take on the March DA Sketch. 
 Papers are Tim Holtz.
 The frame was inked and glimmer misted and then the flower bits dipped in embossing powder and embossed.  They are not perfect but don't really need to be.  As there was one too many flowers covering the image I cut it off and soaked it to divide into three flowers then used them as a mask to spray the diagonal corners.
 The chain is from a broken necklace.  Cardstock was embossed and sanded to reveal the swirl pattern.
 The large fabric flower is one I made whilst playing around with the Sizzix dies and heat gun.  It sort of goes with the tulle on one of the images.
 I soaked the tip of this flower and divided it into three without detaching to give a little more dimension (although this photo is not the best of it.  The layout contains recycled stuff from an old hen which I dismantled.  The mesh wire is from the wings and rope coils from the breast part of the hen.  The closeup photo reveals that I run out of bobbin cotton when sewing however it doesn't really matter (adds more dimension lol)
 While the frame looks quite black on here it is more a plummy black in real life.

Well that is it for today.  I am off to plan a Prima BAP Challenge layout which I hope to get completed sometime tomorrow.  Talk about cutting it fine.

Thank you for visiting. Have a great weekend.

Bye for now



Rachel F said...

Stunning, Stunning, Stunning!

Rachel F said...

Oh and I have a surprise for you on my blog!

Joanne F said...

Hi Dianne
That page came out fantastic, I love all the details you put in like the 3d flowers and masking of the flowers. You are sooo clever!!!
PS good luck with your prima page, hope you get if finished in time.