Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Tissue Cottage

I am having a nice quiet long weekend - I have done a couple of chores, been for my walk while the photos were being processed, had a salad lunch picked from the garden and now just before I head to my scrap room I thought I would post something I created early last year.  It is almost completely Prima papers, flowers and embellishment although there are some Wild Orchid ones in there too.

The inspiration for this project and the template comes from my parents.  In the late 80's early 90's Mum and my hobby was dried flowers where we made numerous arrangements and sold them from my home in ''the Cottage' and also at fairs and swap meets.  Mum's specialty was little hessian tissue cottages decorated with dried flowers.  She covered the template (cardboard cut outs produced by Dad) with hessian and then sewed and glued them together before decorating with dried flowers.  This is now the paper version still using one of the original bases although the tissue boxes are now produced smaller so I added a base to the bottom to hold the new size in. .
 
 
  The back side view below. Sport the Dusty Attic pieces on three sides.
 Martha Stewart Vintage lace  Punch used for the roof. 


 Prima felt rubons were used on the side below.

It was consequently given as a gift at Christmas so one day I may make another.

Right must head off to the scrap room - so many projects in mind that I don't know where to start.   Hopefully I will be back by the end of the weekend with something if the mojo gets cranking.

Enjoy your weekend.  Thanks so much for visiting today.

Until next time....
Dianne

8 comments:

Joanne Flannery said...

Hi Dianne

That is soooo cute!!! The flowers are stunning, you are soooo clever!!!

I too am having a quiet weekend and hope to make something or colour some pics in, if I can get my mojo cranking :)

Cheers
Joanne

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a beautiful and creative project!

Trace said...

Gosh Dianne, what a lot of work has gone into your cottage - it's stunning.

Mrs Frizz said...

O.M.G. that looks absolutely a.m.a.z.i.n.g. it needs to be published, truly ... actually it needs to be shown all around the world ... I think that you should send it through to Scrap Scene ...

Shona said...

this is so creative wow ! LOVE it to bits!

Gra Sandel said...

I love it!! its beautiful!!!
I have to do it for my granddaughter!!!
Hugs!!

Unknown said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

WOW this is amazing.
luv
debby