Saturday, December 21, 2013

Decorated Tili Jar

Whew - the very timely Holiday break has arrived but today has been a case of 1 step forward - 3 back as I do not know where to start with all the things going on in my mind.  I have a lot of half finished jobs which will have to be completed before bed and here I am on the computer.

We had our End of Year lunch yesterday and are allocated a person to be Secret Santa for so I thought I would share my creation and enter it in the Wild Orchid Challenge # 93 - Anything Goes.

I had fun decorating one of these very popular items this Christmas - The 'Tili Jar' is a very versatile retro item and can be used for anything from storing items to desserts, drinking wine or cocktails and could even be used as a vase for a summer posy.   The recipient likes gardening and reading books and relaxes with a wine so I suggested that "after some time in the garden she could relax with a book and kisses (chocolates included) and enjoy a relaxing drink."  The jar also contains a pair of gardening gloves.

 All flowers, spirals and leaves used are Wild Orchid




 Above - a personal touch of initials.  ...and below the flower arrangement lifts up to reveal a message.
Thanks so much for visiting today.  Please let me know you have been by leaving a little comment.  They are much appreciated.

This may be my last post before Christmas so wishing you all a Very Happy Christmas.  Thank you for your support during 2013.

Until next time...

Dianne                   PS - I have just realised this is post #300 - a milestone  lol.

4 comments:

Trace said...

Stunning work Dianne, I'm sure the recipient of this will love it. Here's wishing you a great Christmas and a wonderful 2014.

Mrs Frizz said...

Fabulous and a brilliant idea ...

Else Irene said...

Great idea and lovely embellished too :) Thanks for joining us at the Wild Orchid Challenge this week ♥

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.