Saturday, April 13, 2013

Prima Engraver Collection

Thanks to Embellish It I have had fun creating with the Prima Engraver Collection.  It took a while to get going with it but it really does have a lot of possibilities and works well with the masculine pages.  It would also be fun (if I was game enough) to play around with adding colour paints to give it another effect. 

Today I am sharing two layouts with the Engraver Collection which will both be on display at Embellish It for some time.  The first one has doubled as my entry in the NZ Paper Chase April Challenge as the sketch arrived just as I was pondering what to do with the page after using texture paste on a chevron template.  The layering and distressing challenge just worked perfectly for the paper and the 'grandson' title is altered chipboard and a few bits of Prima Engraver chipboard also appear - these were distress inked to blend them in.

 
 Once again I have used a grungy edge on the paper (fun punching away without having to worry about being perfect).  I used the packaging off the flowers to back the photo as the words seemed just right for this page of Zac and his Nana and Grandad who were visiting from Australia at the time.
 I cut a clock from one of the papers to mount the large flower on and slipped a few chippies under to layer and rise it.  The little crystals in the corner were a nice finishing touch.  The grandson chippie was embossed with thick embossing powder and kept irregular rather than smooth.
 Below - more chippie from the Engraver collection chip board sheet.
 The flower arrangement is a mix of fussy cut flowers and the Prima stems blended together.
.

Now for layout No 2

My Dad and Zac reading Spot.
Some more playing with Gel Paste and distress inks, layering, distressing and bits and bobs and some liquid pearls which just finished the clocks nicely.   
 
 Wooden cogs are Finnabair brand.  I used a few embellishments from Finnabairs class kits on this one.



 This layout had quite a bit of 'white space' for me but at the same time looks full enough.  I quite like the way all the colours blend and the 'Spot' books pops out with its blue colour.

Well I am lucky enough to have Zac and his Mum staying this weekend so we have a big agenda including a visit to the Embellish It Crop today and  a 4th Birthday party.  Fun, fun, fun.

Thank you so much for visiting today.  Have a fantastic weekend.

Until next time.....






2 comments:

Francine said...

Love both your pages- the Engraver line is so versatile- it can really be used for anything! Love all your Finnabair touches!

Sandie said...

Magnificent creations, the detail is just amazing and I just love them both....