Monday, December 26, 2011

Festive Season

Wishing you all a Happy and Safe Festive Season.

As you can see by my lack of blogging, life leading up to the end of term and Christmas has been very busy.  Work finished on 16 December and on 17th we headed for the lakes with the caravan for the week prior to Christmas.  We had beautiful calm, hot weather, unfortunately not a lot of fish (not that I am the fisherman but enjoy eating it and sometimes go at 6.30a.m. to drive the boat for DH).  Nothing beats an early morning ride on a mirror calm lake with views of Mount Cook and the mountains. 

I have lots to share as while up camping I achieved 3 pages of my new first Grandson's first week, 3 cards and 3 DVD pouches - just have to find the time to edit and post them.

We arrived home early Friday morning and were working through the list of pre-Christmas preparation when we got an SOS from DD#3.  She had flown from Dunedin to Christchurch that morning for her work Christmas Function and was playing lawn bowls when the first quake hit.  After the 3rd one in which she was inside the reception of their accommodtion that was it and dear Mum & Dad  were called to collect her and her colleage from Christchurch as they were not coping too well.  They now have a new appreciation for what the Christchurch Community are going through. 

We had a lovely Christmas Day with our Girls etc and of course our beautiful wee man.  We got to baby sit for a couple of hours tonight and he is still asleep since putting him down.  I will also be sharing one of my Christmas Presents once photographed  - it is a series of photos of my daughter's grand and great grandparents which she altered for an art project and I just love them. I had seen the early stages of the project but not the completed ones so am thrilled to be given them.
Another highlight of Christmas was that I was the lucky winner of Ingvild Bolme's Blog Candy.

Sorry no photos available to post today but I will be back in a couple of days with some.

Thank You for stopping by. 

Dianne

1 comment:

Mrs Frizz said...

I was just coming to say, you had better go and check out Ingvild's blog ... I recognised the name ... woo hoo ... congratulations!