Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Fox

For Prima's BAP for July I decided to use the Prima Moulin Rouge collection which I was lucky enough to win at an Embellish It Crop a while back.  In fact I won again last Saturday but as I had already won twice in the last 6 months I drew another name out and it happened to be another Diane who won.

Back to the layout which is of DD#3 dressed up in her late grandmother's fox for a fancy dress party. Very brave -  I can't stand touching it at all.  I felt the papers were made for the photo.  The Prima sketch...
Here is my take.
Oops I hadn't noticed that the alpha had moved when I photographed it. 
 I sliced and manipulated strips of punched paper around the circle and covered the join with the trim. 
 The crocheted flour was a bit creamy so I sprayed it with gold glimmer mist and that helped it blend in better and match the chipboard tags on the right of the page.  . 
 A Dusty Attic flourish was added - inked and the edges distressed with gold. 
and to finish off some seam binding ribbon. 

Monday saw my first day at a new job and I really enjoyed it.  Lots to learn, lots to remember but loving the variety, the nice light bright office and friendly welcoming staff so far. 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  Your visits are appreciated.

Until next time.....
Dianne

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Gorgeous absolutely gorgeous Dianne

Rachel F said...

Stunning! Glad you first day went well, can't wait to hear all about it!