Monday, February 24, 2014

An Exploding Box Wedding Card

On 15 February we were honoured to attend a wedding at "The Venue", Lake Wanaka.  It was a perfect day and everything was beautiful.  We were well looked after by the Bride and Groom's Parents.  "The Venue" and staff were amazing.


My mojo has been MIA over the past couple of months and the only creativity has been for gifts.  This is the card I made the happy couple.  The reason I made an exploding box card with a cake in it was to accommodate a special keepsake.  You may remember last year I made an easel card with a little horseshoe/bird on it - well it was from the mould of this original.  This original was on the groom's parents and grandparents' cake so this was my way of carrying on the tradition.
 Once the lid is lifted this is what appears.  The little pouches contain messages and the hidden gift of a prezzy card. 
 The top of the lid includes the date of the wedding. The cardstock is embossed with tiny butterflies.  The lace motif above is from my stash,
A close-up of the inside with the cake topped with a little treasure and trimmed with punched cardstock, pearl beaded ribbon, liquid pearls and flowers.  They seemed very pleased with the outcome.  
 

Quite a bit of work went into this mainly due to the missing mojo and being the first exploding box \I have made from scratch so a little trial and error.  It was lots of fun though and I was very pleased with the outcome.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I would be most grateful if anyone can help me find my mojo again - perhaps a scrappy comment may help...

So until next time....    Enjoy the last days of summer if 'down under'...  (well at least that is what they are saying - surely March will be summery as well)

Dianne


3 comments:

Trace said...

Absolutely stunning Dianne.

Mrs Frizz said...

now this is something special ... fabulous ... truly delightful

tuibells said...

Wow! Bet that card will be treasured forever. Such a lot of work - but well worth the effort!