Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dusty Attic Goodies

A lovely parcel of Dusty Attic Goodies awaited me when I arrived home from work yesterday. It was my prize from 3rd placing in the "Scrap Your Space" at Dusty Attic.
I can't wait to start creating with them at our scrap camp at Raincliff this weekend. Look at the cute wee bird baths. Thank you Dusty Attic.

Yesterday we finally had a lovely day after days and days of grey skies but the best part of this time of year is when all the spring flowers begin to bloom. We have large areas of beautiful daffodils and they started blooming in the weekend. Here are just a few I have in a vase inside. I will take some photos of outside when I get a chance.
The tulips are from a lovely painting given to me by my family for my birthday. I haven't quite got it on the wall yet.

I will leave you with a layout I made for Sonya Pickle's challenge over at Scrapbook Outlet a couple of weeks ago. The challenge was a sketch with a lot of white space.

It is of my Great Grandparents and I used a lovely diecut image from www.crafts.fixdesign.co.nz which I purchased at SENZ. The large diecut is cut from Bazzill cardstock but the smaller flowers at the bottom are felt. Also added was a piece of Dusty Attic music notes inked and embossed with clear embossing powder although the photo does not do this piece justice. I had made my own transparency under the diecut and photo from creating a design in Microsoft Word and printing it onto an OHP acetate. I added some really old lace, Prima lace and beads, and although it cannot be seen in the photo the paper has a Glimmer Mist shimmer over it.

Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend. Should have some more things to share after a hopefully productive 2 days at Raincliff.

Thanks for visiting.
Dianne

No comments: