Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dusty Attic April Challenge

Michelle Grant's sketch for April turned out to be a challenging one, however when I was sent these cute little photos last week (thanks Lynn),  it made the task somewhat easier by at least having a topic.
Here is my take on the sketch.  I played around with the photos and highlighted selected pieces of clothing and changed the colour. 
Who remembers the little rhyme - at least the top line? (I added the bottom line for good measure).  The subjects are two of my aunties and their neighbour's grandson circa 1950 (lol).  They are pretty cute. 

The borders are Dusty Attic DA0469 trim # 3 and the title is on DA0437 from a decorative frame set.  The Prima paper from the Madeline Collection went well with the vintage look.  I also added an old doily and some flowers that had been in my collection since I started scrapping in 2005 - good to use them.  The butterfly is from Jenny Bowlin Studios and a Martha Stewart punch was used and also Prima lace, bling & alpha for the main title.

We have had a beautiful weather day today.  I managed to take myself out of the scrap room to mow the lawns - good exercise on a lovely day but after 23 years of good service our reel mower has ceased (smoke coming from the motor) and I only had almost half of them done (we have about 1/4 acre of lawns).  Now   I have cleaned up the scrap room and am not returning until I have done all the chores - housework, ironing etc.  It's too easy to get sidetracked when I have a project on the go. 

Thanks for visiting.
Dianne

4 comments:

Rachel F said...

lol LOVE the layout - so CUTE! That last line you added was not the rhyme that i remember from school days but you had me laughing silly thinking about the "three" rofl!

Trace said...

What a gorgeous layout Dianne, and those photos are stunning.

Joanne said...

WOW!!!! Dianne that layout is absolutely stunning!!! You are sooo clever and talented.
Shame you have closed up your scrap room, chores are over-rated :)
Cheers
Joanne

Embellish It said...

I really like this one Diane!