Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Together Forever & Kaisercraft Feb Sketch #3

Hello - Hope your week is going well and thank you for visiting today.   Today I am going to share last weekend's creative result.  I have had these Kaisercraft papers (365 Days collection) for a while and the photo sitting with it so decided to have a go at last week's Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch February # 3

I rotated mine once clockwise to suit the shape of the photo and this is what I came up with.   A layout of my grandparents on their wedding day with my great aunt as the flowergirl.

 
I had played around with the photo and coloured the flowergirl dress gold as indicated in the newspaper clipping of the time it was a gold dress and flowers were blue and gold.  Blue didn't really go with the page so I stuck to Gold and white.  The bride's bouquet was white roses and gypsophlia.   Martha Stewart deep edge punch was used for the centre borders and random punch top left and another framed the photo. 
 The words were from our goodie bag at the Embellish It Scrap Camp and frame is Prima
As you will see in the photo the bride was given an upside down horseshoe (and no I don't think it brought them bad luck as they had 9 children and were married 40 plus years at the time Grandad died) so I made one as an embellishment.   
 The lace motif is from my stash. 
 Kaisercraft gypsophlia type foliage was used in this arrangement.  Below I used a Kaiser wooden scroll and liquid pearls bordered the centre frame.

I must go - way past my bedtime but a busy week with a 12 plus work day yesterday and my brother's 50th birthday tea tonight so...

Bye for now

3 comments:

Francine said...

This is so beautiful - i don;t know where to start! I love all your little details that you put into each layout-what a beautiful layout to treasure!

Trace said...

Absolutely stunning and I had a wee giggle about the upside down horseshoe - 'tis something my Nana and Mum always used to say about them too.

Joanne said...

Hi Dianne
That is absolutely beautiful, I love the horseshoe you are soo clever.
Cheers
Joanne