Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Secret Admirer

Thank you for stopping by today.  Has the title caught your attention LOL?

As part of my design team commitment for Embellish It,  I have been creating with Kaisercraft "Secret Admirer" Collection so I have been busy over the past week.  It just took a while to get the photos loaded on the computer and I am not that pleased with some of the photos but the pages are now on display at Embellish It for those who would like a closer look.

I guess this could be classed as a 'REVEAL' as I will blog all three layouts at the same time.  I have also created five cards which I will include in another post as the photos still require editing.   With my pages I like to make the most of the paper and show off the beautiful designs that these companies have created.  All three of these layouts are making the most of the paper and complementing what is already there.  So here goes......
 No. 1. "Cherish"  - my dear GS and his Aunt
Random punching on edge
 I used lots of chippies - layered and the trim off the paper.
 The bunting is also made from chippie pieces and finished with liquid pearls.

LAYOUT NO 2 - "LOVE IS SWEET"
 - a bright Heritage one which was inspired by the first Kaisercraft Sketch challenge of the year here.
 

This one is of my grandparents in their courting days.  I love the happy expressions on their faces.
 This phrase below is so apt for their relationship.  Grandma passed away just short of their 65th Wedding anniversary and Grandad actually died on the date of their 69th Wedding anniversary.
 I added a resin frame (Martha Stewart mold) and flower together with some Wild Orchid flowers. pearl hearts and lace. 
 Once again lots of Kaisercraft 'Secret Admirer' printed chipboard shapes

And No 3 of one of my gorgeous great nieces 

 The above quote are on a page of quote stickers that come with the range.
 On this layout I was inspired by a layout by Karola Witczak which can be seen here.  I adore Karola's work (she will be teaching at Scrapfest by the Sea in Nelson in August - Really wish I was going!!!!)  Below I did some fussy cutting to frame one side of the photo.
 Some fussy cut flowers and Kaiser flowers were added to the flowers on the paper.
 For the Karola W scraplifted idea I used puff paint and have to say that the one below my hand wasn't as steady as it could have been.  Puff paint is in my opinion 'artsy' and I have a long way to go being artsy.
 The piece below was more successful.  The half circles of the bunting are from the Secret Admirer sticker sheet.

The paper range and most of the embellishments are  available at Embellish ItContact Joanne if you would like any.  They will also be on display at the Embellish It Raincliff Retreat on 8-10 February.  Also Contact Joanne if you are interested in joining a dedicated group of like minded people for a creative weekend where you do not have to think about anything else except crafting and enjoying the lovely food supplied by the wonderful team in the kitchen.

Whew!  that was a marathon (it's taken around an hour so far).

Today Timaru has reached 32 degrees so a good day for staying inside.  I have to say that the Kathmandhu 'Coolie neck tie' has been a valuable addition to the comfort zone of the heat and 'hot flushes' - works a treat for nights.

That's all for today.    Feel free to leave your comments - I really appreciate your comments (but not the increasing volume of spammers).  I am persisting without word verification for the meantime. 

Until next time.......Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely layouts Dianne. I saw them in the flesh last night at Jo's and I think they are really nice. Quite different from your usual colours?!?! but still has your great style. :-)

Francine said...

Beautiful layouts Diane- i love this range nice and bright and happy but you have showcased perfectly just how adaptable it is - with your heritage photo and others too. Gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

WOW what gorgeous, layouts, fab papers and details and love the photos too.
luv
Debby

Trace said...

Beautiful work Dianne. It's 24 here in CHCH as I type this at 9.30am...going to be another scorcher.