Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Visiting Santa

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope your week is going well and if in the South Island it was great to have a reprieve from the rain and enjoy some sunshine today.

This is just a quick post of the layout I put together last weekend.   It is of my DGS's first visit to see Santa at Cadbury's in Dunedin.  (How I could go some Cadbury Chocolate right now   ... but there is not any in the house for obvious reasons lol.)

The circles are made from silver card (which are usually used on the top of a foil tray but I acquired some surplus new ones).  I cut the circles with a Sizzix die and put them through various embossing folders then used foil paper and a scallop die to mat a few of them. 



Black liquid pearls were used around one circle to add variety.  The bling strip is Prima available from "Embellish It".   The corners are Wild Orchid painted with Gesso.  The frame is one purchased last year in Australia.  The outside edge is bordered with white liquid pearls and internal edge of punched borders with stickles.
Not a flower in sight.  Awe he was so tiny then.  I think his mum and aunt were enjoying the occasion more than Z was. LOL.   It will be interesting this year. 

Well I need to get off to the scrap room and follow my instructions for the "Heritage Layout" I am teaching at the Embellish It Scrap Camp at  Raincliff to make sure it all works. .... so bye for now.

Until next time .....





2 comments:

Joanne F said...

Hi Dianne
That is sooo cute, love the circles!!! Such a cool effect.
The Prima strip looks neat too.
Cheers
Joanne

Francine said...

love your embossed circles- such a great idea! Good luck with your class- i can't wait to see what your heritage layout will look like!I am sure that you will be a fabulous teacher!