Sunday, July 17, 2011

Green This Week

After a few issues getting the class downloaded I managed to compete the green card for the week, a green layout and also a
'green green' layout (made with packaging).  I have had trouble with the Big Picture site all weekend but it seems it could be something to do with my Firewall so have tried a couple of things and it seems a little faster but definitely not instant.

First my green card page.  Another retro pic of my brother and I in our paddling pool. 
 I have had the little green flower with ladybird since I first begun scrapping - nice to use it at last. 
In keeping with the challenge to myself of adding to two of my daughter's albums while participating in the Colour Class this layout is of my eldest daughter's formal a few years ago.  I had scanned and printed out the photos but they just weren't any where near the quality of originals so ended up using the originals and putting the reprints in my slip album so I didn't leave complete gaps.
These photos do not show the detail on the dress either - it was a lovely Aubergine colour with a patterned chiffon overlay over the bodice and the scarf was made of the chiffon also.  I would have liked to include some chiffon on the page but it overtook the page.  I was pleased to finally use the Dusty Attic Vine which was glimmer misted and inked and finished with Kindyglitz for some sparkle.  PPs are Bo Bunny. 

 The butterflies and flower vine were cut from the Bo Bunny Papers.  Note the 'remember' word tucked in the vine above - from Prima packaging.
Finished with some lace and trim and Wild Orchid roses placed throughout the vine. 
 It has been a busy weekend - we now have half a kitchen and it will be like that for a few weeks.  Amazing how we can improvise when we have to and NO we haven't had takeaways YET!

Today was a warm sunny  beautiful winter's day here - I had planned to go to Dunedin for a couple of nights but couldn't leave this lovely weather and all the jobs today so reconsidered and will just go for one night.

I will leave it here for today and post my other 'GREEN' Green page next post. 

Wishing you all a good week.   Until next time...
Dianne

4 comments:

Shona said...

this is just gorgeous, I love your fussy cutting and the DA vine is stunning with thes

Trace said...

I am loving your Big Picture album Dianne - thanks for sharing it with us, as you work through each colour.

Rachel F said...

Just awesome!

Sonya said...

Stunning!