Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Colour! Or is it Color?

That is the title of Nic Howard's current class at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  This week's colours were Orange and Yellow so today I will post the Orange theme.

My layout ended up pretty much the same as Nic's instructions and example except I included two photos, a border around the text and corner borders and the whole page is matted in 'you guessed it' Orange.  It is great having instructions when the mojo is low however it got me going for the yellow layout. 

First of all each week we get a printout about the colour in which we are making a mini book with examples of using that colour.  This week I used a retro photo of me and my siblings all dressed up for a wedding on 11 January 1969.  Mum did all our sewing and used the same pattern for all three although in different colours - you guessed it I have the orange one on. Another time when we were having the treat of going to the Moscow Circus in Christchurch she made two of us woollen trouser suits - mine red and J's green - we were nicknamed the 'Stop and Go Girls'.  We had all these 'old' photos taken off slides so it is good to be putting them to use. 
 Now to the layout.  The topic going back to 1986.  A lot of hard work has been done since then - hard to believe our place was once a pile of stones, dirt and paddock.
 The birds are little felt ones and the cogs Dusty Attic - inked and embossed with thick clear embossing powder.
 We were taught to make a faux frill which was very effective. And thank you to Sonya at Birds of a Feather Craft Together the arrival of a lovely prize pack which included orange cardstock and pp which I have used for the matting and the star strip of the layout.  Also see my new little punch from Deb at Stamping Up
This morning I spent time at my new job to learn what I could (lots to learn).  Back tomorrow to learn some more - hope I can retain it all over the holidays lol.  It is a pity I wasn't there all day as with some spare time I popped into town and you guessed it came home with a few bags.

Well best away and get tea prepared for DH and ready for scrap group.

Back next time with bright and sunny yellow.  Until then .....
Take Care and thanks for visiting.
- Dianne

No comments: