Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Tag Canvas

A Mid-week "Hello" and thank you for visiting today.  If you are in NZ most are bracing for the predicted 'arctic blast' so keep warm and take care.  I suspect it will be work as usual tomorrow....

Today I am posting a Tag Canvas created at the Embellish It Crop at the weekend.  I used tags from the Kaisercraft 'True Romance' collection along with some of the collections pieces for embellishments.  I couldn't resist putting this gorgeous photo of a friend and her DGD on it.  A photo I 'borrowed' from her FB page but I do have permission now to blog it.

First of all I added some eyelets to each tag and arranged them on the canvas then ripped bits of book pages to insert in a few places before gessoing over the whole canvas and then rubbing off the gesso which was over the resist areas of the tags.  I then had a play with texture paste around the edges and randomly   here and there before arranging the photo and flowers. 
Butterflies are cut from the "True Romance" sticker sheet.  The below sentiment was perfect for the page. 
Well that is all for today. 

I am off to the scrap room to finish a page I started last night for the NZ PaperChase Challenge this month. 

June Challenge...Create a winter layout using the following quote as inspiration
“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
― John Steinbeck,

So why not join in and have a go?  If you do put it up on the NZ Paper Chase Group Facebook Page and email your entry to Sonya.  

Until next time....
 
 


2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Sandie said...

This is just gorgeous, love the texture on your tag background .... gorgeous photo and title.