Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday Wishes - Side Step Card

Talk about side steps - That is what has been happening all holidays - I have been away, home, away, home, away, home...and this is a brief stop again.  Panic... only 6 days left and I feel I have hardly been home.  However it has been all good - lots of cuddles with my new grandson and relaxing time at the lake - next time with good friends.   Just not all the scrapping I would have liked to have done.  I was just getting on a roll last week and it was time to 'side step' again. 

So... last week I completed my 1st side-step card for JoJo's Birthday Wishes.  Joanne makes absolutely amazing cards - inside and out - so I had a challenge on my hands and had mulled over it for several weeks before finally getting on with it.  Here is what I came up with.  
 
Paper is from a DCWV Mariposa Stack, dress form - Kaiser, Flowers - Prima and Wild Orchid, Bling - Prima. Alpha - Prima, Lace from material some 30 years old, and the button bunting idea  I recently saw on someone's creation.

 I carefully cut around the bird and left the acetate on the back for the window effect. 
Well I must away - lots to do and I am feeling a tad guilty blogging when others are doing my garden.  eeek!!

Have a great week and thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Until next time......

Dianne

5 comments:

Joanne Flannery said...

You are sooo funny Dianne, I love your cards and all your creations, thanks so much it is stunning and I LOVE it!!!!
Cheers
Joanne

Rachel F said...

WOW, Jo said you made an amazing card, she wasn't joking! That is just stunning Diane well done.
Glad you got lots of cuddles wonder how long they will last you lol?

Trace said...

What a stunning card Dianne!

Mrs Frizz said...

oh wowser, I've been playing with a card just like that ... and trust me on this one ... mine is nowhere near as stunning as your one ... hanging my head in shame.

Your's is totally gorgeous.

Francine said...

wow what a beautiful card! I have never seen one like this before - stunning!