Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cherish

I struggled to think of a title for this post so have gone with the title of the below layout.  My thoughts are with the people of Queensland and the devastation and tragedy the rain and floods are causing there.  We can only imagine what they are going through.   It is a stark reminder to cherish what we have every day.  I hope the rain stops in Queensland very soon.

Below is a layout of my Gr Gr Grandmother created using Dusty Attic, Webster's Pages, K & Co PP and Prima flowers & journalling card, old lace doilies, lace, pearls and buttons.  I used the title 'Cherish' as I cherish the fact that I am lucky enough to have a photo of her.  Married young, her husband died at the young age of 25, within 24 hours of taking ill, and leaving her with a young daughter and unborn son so she had to go to work to provide for them.  She later remarried and had three more children but died at the age of 50. 




That is all for today.

Thanks for visiting.  Take Care.
Dianne

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

it is beautiful

rumble said...

Gorgeous Dianne

Bo

Sonya said...

Stunning +++ Dianne, what more can one say! Hope all is good your way and that the holidays are treating you well. I really must drop you an email!!