Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crop for a Cause

I had a lovely day at the crop made more special by my penfriend, Penny, (since about 13 yrs old) coming all the way from Tapanui to join us and stay the night.

Becks and her team put in a tremendous effort. We arrived to a room ablaze with pink and a helium filled balloons tied to each chair and a big pink goodies bag at each place. Table decorations were supplied by La De Da. We had delicious morning and afternoon teas and several 'make and takes' during the day. Our Mayor, Janie Annear was the judge of the decorated bra competition and there were some amazing entries. In the next few days Becks will put photos up on the 'Crop for a Cause' blog. 70 people had a full on fun scrapping day and this one person is pretty jaded but happy today. I was even lucky enough to win a couple of raffles - Some Jenny Bowlin product and also access to Tarisota's very first Style Studio - how exciting is that?

Here are some pics of Penny and my entries in the bra competition. Both took many hours to create but we both thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

Penny quilted her bra and made it in memory of Karen. It came boobs and all. lol

Mine was in memory of my grandmother Peg (MumMum to me) and I included a doily she had crocheted which had a hole in it but I knew it would be put to good use one day. I included a photo printed on canvas, old beads, a vintage collar and some lovely black lace and braid given to me by my auntie, Lynn (thanks Lynn it was lovely to use it on this project) . I made some flowers for the back from silk fabric and cut out some leaves from a doily.


The special coat hangers were made by my mother as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. At the time she made them for all her daughters and granddaughters.

That's all for today. On to the next project.

Dianne

5 comments:

Bridgette said...

good on you Dianne. Please to hear that you won some raffles, I am sure you will put the product to good use, as always. Love the bra, maybe you will demo it in person will look forward to that (Ummm?) Pleased to hear that the day was a great success.
looking forward to the next update

Anonymous said...

Oh My goodness how fabulous :) and congrats on winning - our links will be ready in just a few days :)
Tamar

Rachel F said...

It was a fantastic day, Diane your BRA was stunning and very lovely to see all the bras that were in memory of that special someone as we all have. Well done!

rumble said...

Yes it was a great day the bras were stunning an amazing amount of work was put into them all - along with some very special memories I'm sure
Thanks for the pictures so much detail

Sonya said...

Those bras are wonderful! What a huge project they must have been.
So pleased to read you had some wins along the way.
Hope the rain is easing off for you?