Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friendship Birthday Card

Happy Birthday to A for yesterday.  A is my S-I-L whom I walk with most week days and truly appreciate our friendship.  Best wishes for the week ahead.

I have decided to enter the card in the Wild Orchid Challenge Blogspot weekly challenge.  The challenge was for Shabby Chic Friendship.  I used Bo Bunny pp, distressed and stitched on to the cardstock.  Wild Orchid lace and seam binding ribbon was also used along with the Kaisercraft 'for my friend' rubon.



 Flowers are all Wild Orchids as is the metal butterfly. 
The paper butterflies were cut from the Bo Bunny Paper.
 
I thought the image was real cute with two friends sharing a pot of tea.  Thanks Rachel for the  image which I coloured with a combination of Tim Holtz distresss inks and Twinkling H2Os. 
The weekend consisted of lovely sunny days but definitely the winter nip and the good frosts have arrived.  I took far too long to create my first page for Nic Howard's Colour class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  However I am very pleased with the end result and will post that next time.  Week 1's colour was Red. 


Hope your week goes well.  Thank you so much for visiting.

Until next time....
Dianne

4 comments:

Rachel F said...

Happy Birthday "A" hope you had a great day!
Awesome card Diane you did a wonderful job colouring your image in your card is stunning!

Bev said...

Amazing card! Gorgeous colours and papers and fabulous detail. Thanks for joining us at WOC this challenge x

Iulia said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Sonya said...

So, so sweet Dianne, you make the most fabulous cards!